Achieving better hearing is a two-way street. It requires you to make the first step to get help and an experienced hearing healthcare provider to make your journey as smooth as possible.
But, in order to do that, you have to know that the hearing healthcare provider you’ve chosen is here for the long haul and is able to deliver on their promises and have the protocols/plans in place to ensure that no matter what happens in the world, you remain the focus of theirs.
The problem is, there are so many hearing aid companies clamoring for your attention, claiming that they have the cheapest, smallest hearing aids available, yet they fail repeatedly to deliver on that promise. You are left with a drawer full of widgets that don’t actually help you to hear, listen, or connect to what you want to hear.
So, What Can You Do To Ensure You Choose Wisely?
Who to partner with for your hearing health requires extra consideration, and you need the confidence that they won’t be here today and gone tomorrow like other hearing aid clinics in our area.
That’s why, in this article, I want to share with you some of our biggest lessons over the last two years and the steps we have taken to ensure that we can deliver on our long-term promises to you and the hundreds of local people that trust us for all their hearing healthcare needs.
The Lessons From The Pandemic
- Waiting rooms are a waste of space! We realized that all they did was encourage people to wait, which isn’t what we want for our patients. The extra room gave us the space we needed to bring Dr. Tara Schmidt to our practice so that we could serve the veterans in our area.
- Increased awareness of how colds and illnesses spread has actually led to less illness in our staff – a combination of social distancing, increased hand hygiene, wearing masks, and in general, people not going out in public when they are sick meant that we didn’t get sick much at all in the last 18 months.
- We can do a much better job of being there for our patients by being adaptive and flexible.
We’re More Prepared Than Ever
We want you to be assured that our new systems and processes mean that we’re more prepared than ever, as we have:
- Tested out all of the available remote testing and programming options
- Become experts in telehealth and remote services
- Learned a lot of lessons on how to adapt and still meet the objectives of bringing better hearing, listening, and connecting to the people we work with
- Systems in place to accommodate patients that are unable to come into the building through our drive-in clinic
- The ability to provide consultations, auditory and tinnitus support, and even hearing aid programming remotely for most of our patients
- Systems in place that ensure both the freedoms and safety of all our patients
- Now given patients a choice on how and where they can receive care
- Implemented a process for our fully vaccinated patients so they can choose to go mask-free in our office
- Implemented a process for our patients that are not vaccinated. They will continue to wear masks for their safety and the safety of others that are also not vaccinated.
- Continued to offer masks at no charge to all visitors
- Hand hygiene stations, and we follow the stringent cleaning and timing guidelines to ensure the room is always clean for our next guests
- Offered drive-in visits for those that are not comfortable being seen in the office, or in many cases, we can offer remote visits
- Started our plans for adding a mobile audiology clinic to serve our outlying communities
These steps mean that we have plans in place, no matter what is thrown at us.
Looking At The Future
We have recently remodeled our building and are really looking forward to filling out our space. In the last 2 years, we have added staff, including our new audiologist, Dr. Tara Schmidt. We are talking about our 3-5 year growth goals, which include a mobile unit so that we can better serve some of our more rural patients.
Our Promise To You
We will always be here putting you first.
This continued pursuit for better, and by making patient preferences a priority, our promise is to be here for you for the long haul.
If you’re considering who to partner with and want to ensure that you choose somebody that has your back, both now and forever, I sincerely hope that this article supports you in your decision.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your circumstances, then call us at (541) 612-7555.