If you suspect something is wrong with your hearing, I strongly urge you to book an appointment to see me. As an audiologist, I can help you no matter what point you are at in your better hearing journey. You can rest assured knowing that by visiting an audiologist your hearing health is in very capable and caring hands.
Why Choose An Audiologist?
While regular doctors are good for your overall health, audiologists are medical doctors that specialize in hearing care. This includes thoroughly examining your ears, giving you a diagnosis, and working with you to develop a long-term hearing care plan. We are knowledgeable in all hearing and balance-related conditions and treatments including:
- Hearing loss
- Balance disorders
- Hearing tests
- Preventative care
- Hearing aids and audio assistive technology
Visiting an audiologist is the right choice if you have:
- Hearing difficulties
- Earwax build up
- Ear pain or discomfort
I’ve put together a list of what you can expect from me and why this is the best choice for your hearing healthcare.
- Routine ear check-ups – This is the best way to keep your ears in good shape. At your annual exam, I’ll check the physical appearance of your ears and test your hearing ability via several hearing tests. These tests assess your ability to hear a variety of pitches and sounds. A thorough review will determine if you have an earwax problem, an ear infection, or hearing loss – if anything at all.
- Individualized treatment plans – If I should discover a problem, I will put together a treatment plan for you. This may be something simple, such as earwax removal, or fitting you with hearing aids that are the best ones for you. The aim of the treatment plan is to ensure you can hear clearly again. If hearing aids are the best solution, I will regularly follow up on your progress and make any adjustments if needed.
- Specialized ear care –
Audiologists have the equipment and knowledge to treat everything from earwax build up, to hearing aids, to tinnitus management. For example, if you have earwax build up, you might be tempted to use a Q-Tip to clean your ears, but this can cause further damage. I can relieve you of your earwax problem using the best technology in a safe way.
- Hearing aid support – Hearing aids are life-changing devices. I’ll help you select the best ones for you and I’ll teach you everything you need to know about using them. Today’s hearing aids include many different features, so I’ll make sure you understand their capabilities and get the most out of your new devices. I’ll also explain how to take care of them, and I’ll be available to make any adjustments you need while you get used to them.
- A life-long partnership – As you become older, your hearing needs will change. We’ll start your journey to better hearing together from the very first appointment through to follow-ups and further appointments. I’ll address any changes when needed and keep your hearing health my top priority. I’ll advise on how to keep your hearing safe in ways suitable to your environment and lifestyle.
- Quality of life – If you have a hearing loss, daily life can become a struggle if it isn’t treated. With hearing aids, you don’t have to give up doing the things you love to do. You can still socialize with friends and communicate with others, enjoy the sounds of nature around you, and eliminate feelings of isolation and frustration. The treatment I provide will enhance your hearing and your lifestyle.
I highly encourage you to treat your audiologist appointments the same way you treat your dental and eye appointments on an annual basis. Add your hearing health to your annual appointment routine even if you don’t think you have any hearing issues at the moment.
If you are worried or concerned about your hearing, I encourage you to make an appointment for a hearing test. I will determine which type of hearing loss you have, and together we will create a long-term plan to ensure your hearing health performs at its best.