This year has been a difficult one, as we’ve become disconnected from the things we love the most – family, friends, social events … and so much more.
So at Audiology and Hearing Aid Associates, we wanted to do something special.
Because while connecting to family and friends through hearing, listening, and conversing is special no matter the time of year, the holidays further highlight these connections.
That’s why we’re delighted to share with you our exciting news!
Throughout November, we’re running a brand-new competition called “Hear for the Holidays.” And I’m even more excited to say that one deserving winner will receive a complimentary pair of hearing aids.
Yes, that’s right! One special member of our community will receive the gift of hearing just in time for the holidays and beyond.
How Can You Enter?
You can participate in “Hear for the Holidays” by nominating someone who you feel could benefit from new technology.
It might be your friend, a loved one, or a co-worker who has a hearing challenge. This is the perfect opportunity to make a difference in their life if they are selected as our winner.
Simply head to our website and complete the short form. All we need are a few details about your nominee and why they deserve this fabulous prize.
The competition closes at the end of November. Soon after, we’ll contact the deserving person to let them know that they’ve won this life-changing opportunity.
Following a comprehensive hearing assessment, they will be fit with their new devices, so they’re ready for the holidays. Good luck!
What’s Been Happening at Our Office?
Everyone on our team hopes that you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. Our offices will be closed on both November 26 and 27, so we can make some special memories with ours!
Good news alert! Jan and Sherry will be joining us full time starting in mid-November. We are beyond thrilled to have them here more often. This will mean shorter wait times for hearing aid clean and check appointments.
And on a personal note, Erika and Brian have bought a farm just north of Summerville. They are looking forward to getting settled in just before the winter season hits.
Six Great Tips to Help Hearing Aid Users When Wearing Face Masks
While face masks are doing their job of controlling the spread of the virus, they are also creating some communication issues for hearing aid wearers.
Consumer Reports recently published a fantastic article that’s filled with advice on how to improve communication skills during these challenging times.
If you wear hearing aids, these tips should make life much easier. Be sure to:
1. Ask people to speak slowly and clearly – this will produce better results than when someone raises their voice and fails to enunciate their sentences.
2. Stand face to face when talking – as long as you stay six feet apart, experts suggest eye contact can be very helpful during conversations.
3. Find the right mask – although clear face masks are useful for lip reading, research has shown that cloth and surgical masks can make sounds easier to interpret.
4. Adjust your hearing aids – they can be altered to help with these interactions; feel free to give us a call if you need assistance.
5. Try out a transcription app – smartphone apps, such as Dragon or Google Live, will reproduce speech that you can read back.
6. Make meetings virtual – use your hearing aids as a tool to let you stream sounds via your smartphone, tablet, or computer, so you don’t lose touch with others.
A closer look at audiology and audiologists during National Audiology Awareness Month will help explain why going to an audiologist makes the most sense for ongoing hearing health care…
Today’s hearing aids are small, sleek, and come packed with some amazing technology.
Find out about your style options in this handy guide…